I love to watch movies. I also know people that say they like movies, but honestly can't sit still long enough to watch the whole thing. This might be a pet peeve of mine. When someone keeps "multi-tasking" or getting up and down for "just a second"...It makes me physically uncomfortable because I can see what they're missing and they could not possibly care any less than they already do! I don't know why it's so important for the people I'm with to also be paying close attention. Why should I care if they missed a subtle foreshadowing, or a quick comedic moment? I shouldn't, but for whatever reason, I can't not be bothered by it. Luckily Gabe is a very good movie-watching partner.
Pet peeves are kind of funny--so is the term. I wonder where they come from. Got any quirky pet peeves?
6 comments:
Sounds like you've really found true love! I can't tell you the last time I wached a movie in it's entirity. I'm such a workaholic that when I do find time to watch a movie I'm usually halfway to snoozetown by the time the previews start. My pet peeve? The pot calling the kettle black.
good thing we do not watch movies together :) i am always up and moving...but i also multitask well :)
that's a good pet peeve, and the funny thing is I share that with you but it's mostly always with my parents. They are always up doing something and telling me not to pause the movie, and i'm thinking, "hello! you totally aren't going to get what's going on!" and i feel sorry for them, almost! weird! but i actually do the same thing to T when we watch movies. But i'm usually up getting food which I can still see the movie, but i know it drives him nuts! my numer one Pet Peeve: when you're talking to someone and they keep looking away or looking past you as if they have ZERO interest in conversing with you! That drives me NUTS! Also--nasty eating habits, i.e. still eating with your mouth open as an adult! PUKE!
my latest pet peeve is the waiter that fills my water glass after every sip I take, literally, I realize that's his job but I finally put my hand over my glass and refused to let him fill it. I explained I preferred to drink the whole glass, thank you very much.:)
I am in 100% agreement with all of you. The eye contact one is a biggy for me!
I loved I am Legend and cried when the dog is killed. I thought the zombies were awesome looking.
Post a Comment