Saturday, April 19, 2008

honestly people, and another wonderfilled saturday

(what bugs in Memphis looked like)

Do I really seem like the kind of person to blog about the coolest bug I've ever found in my house, only to then kill it?  I hope not.  Rest assured, the bug was delivered safely to my front porch(ish area).  

I love today.  This past week I had my last observation (where my Assistant Principal observes a lesson I teach and then critiques me on it).  This involves a pre-observation meeting (Tuesday) where I give her 3 pages of answered questions regarding the lesson to be taught, the actual observation (Wednesday) where she watches me teach and then asks students questions, and a post-observation meeting (Friday) where we go over the lesson, critique and another page of questions I wrote about.  Also this past week we (drama crew kids and I) finished painting the sets for our school's spring musical.  This involved staying after school until 5:00 Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and until 6:15 Friday.  But we're finally finished (after about a month of working)!!!  I also got the plaques for the eighth grade awards ordered.  I also finished designing and ordering the P(ositive)B(ehavior)S(upport) posters for our hallways.  Also picked up the art from the last art show from a gallery clear across town.  I didn't do any grading and my toe nails could definitely use a trim, but otherwise managed to keep up with life in general. 

Needless to say, it was one of the busier weeks I've had in awhile.  All week I just kept my focus on today, Saturday.  I slept in until 8:45 and honestly haven't done much other than convincing Gabe to bring me the computer (I'm still in bed.  It's 9:56), and I wouldn't have it any other way right now.  I think I'm going to go find out if pancakes can be made using only one egg, because that's all we have.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I found your blog reading Kristi and Tim's blog. I am Gabe's Aunt and it's been really nice getting to know you a little big better.

I had a thought about the art blog a couple of days ago. I am also an artist and have found that sometimes I have trouble getting started on a new project just for the fact that I want it to be outstanding. I want it to blow your socks off so to say and that really makes it hard sometimes to get things going. I have had to tell myself that I need to just enjoy the process and be happy with the outcome. Sometimes easier said!

Becky

Unknown said...

Nice to "meet you" Becky :) And thanks for your thoughts. I agree completely that most times it's hard to begin a project if I'm not certain it will be amazing. Well, I'm on my way to check out your blog now!

Melissa Jo said...

i'm glad you didn't kill the bug. i save bugs too...unless they are scary spiders and even then, immediately after the murder takes place i say prayers of forgiveness and i have waves of guilt. that's why i usually have tim do it..then the guilt is a little less...a little.
hope the pancakes worked ouT!

Anonymous said...

I think your bug is related to the Colorado potatoe beetle family and not the lady bug family,:)