Friday, April 4, 2008

spring break, day 7: french toast and hiking


Gabe woke up this morning and informed me he was going to make French Toast.  I didn't know he could do that.  It smells good from where I sit right now, so my hopes are high.  I told him I didn't know he could make fr.toast and he replied, "It's not exactly that difficult."  Oh. I've never made fr.toast.

Yesterday I got a surprise call from Lexi (good friend, former matron of honor, BUSY mom of two that I hardly ever get to see).  We went to lunch and caught up for a few hours.  I love those friendships that don't require constant contact (thank goodness) in order to fall right back into a familiar place. We solved a few of the world's problems. It was a great way to spend the middle of my day.  

At three I got to go to the good 'ol "lady doctor"---not as enjoyable.  Always so awkward trying to make small talk during those check-ups.

Once I got home it wasn't long before Keri stopped over to pick up a scarf I borrowed...a while ago.  We solved some more of the world's problems and then went about our days.

I've just finished my French Toast and turkey bacon---which were both great.  Now Gabe is mocking many of the things being said on the Today Show.  It really is aimed at women more often.  I don't notice that much unless Gabe happens to be watching too. 

We're off to hike outside Boulder today.  So enjoy your Friday everybody.  I'm trying to make the last couple days of Spring Break SLOW DOWN. 

1 comment:

Melissa Jo said...

french toast and turkey bacon--two of my favs! yum! what a treat! sounds like you were hard at work solving the world's probs! that's great!