Here is a picture of one of the coolest bugs I've ever found traipsing across the floor of our house. It was the size of ladybug. What is it? Has anyone seen this kind of bug before? I don't know if he/she has a bum antennae or it's just being used to itch his/her heiney (a word I couldn't find in the spell checker). Either way, still a cool bug.
...And a bit of my vanity for ya. I took this picture the other day because I'm trying to grow my hair out (at which point I'll then decide to cut it short again) and very rarely have "good hair days" anymore because of it. Well, the other day I felt like I was having a good hair day. This fact (or opinion) is wasted on my students, and Gabe doesn't give two rips what my hair looks like (thank goodness), so I felt the need to photograph myself. It feels incredibly vain, to me, to take a photograph of my hair while home alone for the purpose of putting on my blog at some later date, hence the cheesy face.
I learned some slang today from a 7th grader. He informed me that Rayjon was spittin' game at his ex. The first three times I heard, "Rayjon is fit 'n sane at my X." After three tries by the white girl from Iowa to understand what the cool 7th grader was saying, I very uncooly asked him to say it one more time slowly...spitting game, (gross)--and I still had no idea what was being communicated to me. Similar expressions would be hitting on or flirting, I learned (as well as the enormous difference between the acceptable spittin' and the unacceptable spitting). Rayjon took the well-deserved opportunity to laugh at me. So I told on him. Just kidding.When I came home for lunch I was excited to share my new knowledge of cool with Gabe. Gabe was already familiar with spittin' game. It's times like this that I wonder if I really know Gabe as well as I think...
9 comments:
you were having a good hair day! so pretty :) i love reading your blogs you make me laugh!
Cool bug, I agree, hope you gave him a new home...outside!I would say by now Gabe has identified it, ha, ha. What is with the size of your left forearm in the hair pic(great hair by the way)looks like you've been lifting some serious weights!Maybe it's an optical illusion on my part. I just sent you some recipes I entered in a contest, hope you like them. I'll let you know if I win. Have a great weekend xoxoxoxMom
One more thing, can't resist. In third grade you came home from school and asked me "what does it mean to 'go with' someone?" A boy asked you if you wanted to go with him, it lasted about a week.So sweet.xo
Correction, I said no to that boy. I never "went with" anyone until 11th grade.
Was he Sara(stolen Birkenstocks) twin brother? in 3rd grade?
that blog was hillarious! i love the day-in-the-life-of teacher! it's so fun! and your hair is tooooo cute !love it!
You are freakin hilarious! Please put the pretty little bug back in nature...as for your fabulous frock..you look marvelous! there is some great satisfaction of growing your hair out and enduring the pains and then making an executive decision to cut it all off....very liberating! You are one cool chick with the lingo----Gabe is even a cooler dude knowing the verbage!
There's some lingo I didn't know.....sounds like you are in the Memphis city schools!!
What an awesome design on that bug. I love it.
I just cut all my hair off! I wonder how long it will be before I will be growing it back?
I think short hair is more work than long.
Post a Comment