Friday, January 30, 2009

Seriously?!!! Seriously.

So I just heard on NPR that the bonuses received by employees on Wall Street this past year were the 6th largest ever.  This seems to me, hmmm, how do I say this delicately? Morally reprehensible.  Ethically appalling.  Backwards and disgusting.  Totally suspect. Kudos to our president, in my opinion, for calling them out on their bonuses. Raise your hand if your boss would reward you for losing millions of people millions of dollars.   Aren't they supposed to be working for us?  Isn't their job to be experts at helping to keep our economy healthy?  When other people do their jobs poorly they are not rewarded with crazy big bonuses, they often, in fact, would find themselves out of a job.  

Lighter post to follow later tomorrow when I've cooled down and taken a few pictures of a more uplifting subject matter...

1 comment:

Melissa Jo said...

I know. it's sick. i can't even hold a rational conversation about it anymore. I become shrill and annoying and it's not pretty. the whole thing just leaves me crazy!