Friday, January 2, 2009

Just because I haven't posted in a little while, and won't be likely to again any time too soon...

Well, Gabe is going to Vermont one last time before he graduates.  He leaves Sunday.  He loves his time there, so I'm happy for him...I don't know if it's the pregnancy, but I feel more sad than I have before about him leaving.  Things are kind of boring around here when he's gone.  And the computer goes with him, so don't expect any new posts from me in the next week.  It'll just be me, our little invisible girl and the cat...

We just realized that our appointment to tour the hospital where we're (currently) set to deliver at is during Gabe's trip.  I guess I'll go alone?  Not sure what rescheduling would entail, so we'll see.  And I'm meeting with at least one doula this week to see what she has to say about things--which I'm really looking forward to.  

School for me starts back up Monday --- don't know where the last two weeks have gone --- hopefully I'll feel ready to return no later than Monday morning...

In other news, thanks to some thrift store shopping last week, I found a rocking chair (to be repainted/refurbished, of course) for $8, and a nice long dresser (to be repainted, of course) to use as our changing table for less than $15!  We need a car seat and a crib mattress (eventually) but I think all of the major nursery stuff is taken care of.  A few people have been generous enough to offer the use of their baby items, which is very appreciated, by the way : ).

Happy 2009!  I wrote my first 2009 check today.  I can't believe it's 2009.  Remember 9 years ago when everyone thought the world was going to implode-- Y2K!  Eek! Panic! ... er, nevermind.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I think it is exciting pulling all the baby gear together. I'm impressed with your bargain shopping. I can't wait to see the before and afters on your new furniture! did you get the new camera for christmas?? Here is a website that a friend of mine uses....I've not watched it regularly, so hopefully it will have some useful info for you!

http://www.babycheapskate.blogspot.com/