She's crazy. In a good way. And typically it coincides with her dad's presence.

She's calm. In a good way. This more often coincides with my presence.

She's funny. Almost always. And she'll tell you so, too: "Ellis is funny!"
Here's the before shot of our kitchen wall that Gabe and I got all DIY on (nothing to do with Ellis other than the fact that she also had to breath in too much "construction" dust during the process).

And after:

I love how it turned out!
And here is how I find Ellis' babies, Cosette and Daisy, every morning when I come in to get her up. They start out in the crib, but always end up wedged in between the wall and the crib. :)

Another example of the special treatment they receive from Ellis:


Play-Dough is a favorite activity lately. When asked, "What are you making, Ellis?" She often responds, "I'm just makin'."

Her "silly face"---which she developed all on her own:

Still enjoys burying herself with stuffed animals:
I can't believe my little sweetie pie is turning TWO tomorrow!! How did this happen?Some common quotes these days:
"Upsy down" = upside down
"Pincess" = princess, a term used to describe all girls --- all her.
"Opitus" = octopus
"Downders" = upstairs/downstairs
"Hi-you" = how are you (often followed by thank you when the question is asked back to her)
"Thaz mine" = that's mine----I don't know how this one infiltrated our home, but here it is. Often.
"Gahbeseww" = God bless you.
"Daddy's. Awt. Wook." = Daddy's at work.
"Have fun today!" When I leave for the flower shop on Saturdays.
"Mmmm. That's tasty."
"I wuv a ________ (fill in the blank) (said while tilting head and hugging whatever the object of her love happens to be) ---sticker; bear; tiny speck of play-dough; baby; spoon...there's a lotta love in this house.
Oh! I almost forgot. Ellis got her own mini-person's potty which she peed in once the other morning. I was much more excited than she was, but it's still progress!
11 comments:
happy birthday ellis jane!!!
Happy, Happy Birthday sweet girl! Sorry it's a day late, but we were thinking of you! Love you guys and hope to see you soon.
Amanda, you aren't late! Ellis turned 2 TODAY :)
Thank you Kristi and Amanda---Ellis loves you! (And so do I :)
Her kitchen turned out great, I didn't find a faucet yet, UPS tomorrow 8th, she can really stock her frig. xox Mom
Brooke the home improvement project looks great and I can't believe that Ellis is two. It was nice to see you when you popped in the other day:)
Love the home improvement project!!! I can't believe she is two and I am so glad that I bumped into the both of you when you came in the other day!
I read this with Charlie and he kept saying 'my girl' my girl'. So I said it's Ellis, and he said 'my Ellis'!
AWww! That's so sweet :) I hope they get to meet face to face someday sooner than later!
I've been WAY too absent in blog world and LOVE the Ellis update!!
I am dying over here...
1. She looks SO MUCH LIKE YOU!
2. We have a name list with about 10 names on it, and BOTH of Ellis' dolls' names are on that list already. Good taste, Ellis!
That's so funny about the names! So excited to see what you end up choosing :)
Post a Comment