Thursday, January 13, 2011

Some Ellis-isms

Lately Ellis has become this very empathetic girl---especially with me. She'll come to me after I hiccup, for example and tilt her head and whisper, "Y'Okay, Mama?" or sometimes, while patting me gently, she'll whisper, "S'Okay, Mama. S'Okay, Mama." Very parent-child, but in reverse.

Today she was pushing her cup of juice around in the stroller. She stopped abruptly and the juice fell onto the floor. She rushed around to the fallen juice and whispered, "S'Okay, Juice."

Other notable funnies:

Sporadically yelling, "E!-L!-S! Ellis!" (Trying to spell her name)

"Ellis laughing." Whether she is, or not.

"I keen up." (I'll clean up)

Every morning when I go in to get her once she's woken up, she frantically announces, "I got-da babies! I got-da babies!" Meaning she has both of her baby dolls in her arms and is ready to get out of bed. She used to say, "Good morning, Mama!" Not anymore.

I just finished reading The Help (very good read, by the way). I borrowed it from Gabe's mom, Vickie, once Gabe's sister, Janae was finished with it over Christmas. So Janae was finishing it while we were in the Springs after Christmas. I finished it a couple of weeks later, only reading around Ellis the last day as I was trying to get it finished. So Ellis apparently had seen Janae reading a couple of weeks prior when she saw me reading the book and very matter-of-factly she points to the book and says, "Jonay's book." Then walks away. I was pretty shocked she recognized it and remember Janae reading it. Smarty pants.

3 comments:

tim and kristi said...

i love this post - ellis you are so cute!!

Kristi said...

This just makes me want to give Ellis a great big hug! How adorable!!

Bell Family said...

Thats funny. Charlie is always saying Ya K? meaning are you okay.