As I'm strapping Ellis (gently) into her car seat:
Ellis: You're hurting me, Mom.
Me: How am I hurting you?
Ellis: You're hurting me. Tell me 'I'm sorry,' Mom.
Me: I'm sorry if I was hurting you, Ellis. :)
--------------
Ellis from the backseat: I'm so happy. Did you know that?
--------------
While I was on the massage table at the chiropractor, Ellis was standing on the floor next to me. She was holding her juice.
Ellis: Take a sip, Mom. (For some reason I'm now called 'Mom' a lot)
Me: I can't while I'm lying down, but thanks.
Ellis: Then get up, Mom.
---------------
On our last trip to Lowe's, Ellis got to meet a little puppy named Mac. As we were getting her strapped into the cart, a man was doing the same with his puppy in the cart next to us. He let Ellis pet Mac and stare at him for a minute. Ellis hid her excitement very well, but then wouldn't stop bringing it up the entire time we were at the store. She loves her some puppies.
She and I stopped at Lowe's again today. As I was strapping her into the cart she said , "A puppy named Mac? Remember?" I didn't at first, but after she repeated it a couple of times (it takes me awhile sometimes) I remembered what she was talking about.
----------------
Gabe: What's that a picture of, Ellis? (a helicopter)
Ellis: A plane!
Gabe: Actually, it's a helicopter.
Ellis: It's a plane, you silly goose.
---------------
Ellis still scrambles to get her babies when I come in to get her up in the morning, except now more than saying "I gotda babies!" she says, "That was a loooong nap!"
---------------
Ellis: Mom.
Me: El.
Ellis: That's (meaning 'it's') Ellis, okay?
Sorry, ELLIS.
--------------
After being shown the skeleton at the chiropractor, Ellis stared at it silently for quite awhile trying to figure out what to make of it. After her long contemplation she suddenly yelled, "That skeleton has TEETH!" Yes, it does.
4 comments:
I know have a BIG GRIN! Thanks Ellis for being so darn cute!
SO CUTE! AND Brilliant! Love that little girl and so looking forward to seeing her (and you!) soon.
We love reading about Ellis. She certainly seems to have a great sense of humour! Graham, Alyssa and family.
Honestly, can she get any cuter?! She is the best ever! Thanks for sharing your sunshine! Love you guys so much!
Post a Comment