It's HAIL!!! Keri and I met out at a nearby Old Navy to buy sun hats for our babies on Sunday. About 20 minutes after we left, a tornado came right through the area and even flipped a car right near where we had been!
When I got home I thought a tornado was going through the reservoir area behind our house---fences were breaking, trees were bending down to the ground--- and I yelled at Gabe to bring Ellis downstairs. Then the sirens went off and we climbed into our closet and waited to see if we needed to go all the way underground. Thankfully, we didn't.
It would have been awful to have been out in public with Ellis with a Tornado threatening us right outside the front door. Thank goodness we found our hats when we did! (Pictures to follow soon :)For our end of things, it really was much less dramatic than it may sound. Ellis slept the whole time and we just hung out in the closet while Gabe looked out the window.
Here are some new pictures of the girlie. She got to meet many of my coworkers today, as it was the last day of SCHOOL! Tomorrow I'll show you some things that are growing around here...nothing disgusting, good things that are growing around here.






6 comments:
yeah for being done with school and lots of time with ellis jane!!
Yeah, that tornado was freaky. I'm glad you and Ellis and Gabe were all safe. I was actually driving when it landed in the field near me. Scared me quite a bit. God is amazing though and really protected everyone sunday.
So glad everyone is safe. Love the snowsuit picture, glad it came in handy. Can't wait for the sun hat pics. Love you, Mom xoxoxo
what a bean!!! :) buying the perfect sun hat is well worth the risk of venturing out into tornado weather! a girl has GOT to have just the right one! :) i'm glad you were all safe!
First of all, I want to pinch those little cheeks!! I think the pic with her in her pink snow suit(?) in the rocking chair looks like you Brooke! I'm so glad to here that you braved the storms!! I was concerned when I heard about the tornadoes in Aurora!! We have them here in Memphis alot and they're SCARY!
I still can't believe how close we were to being in the land of OZ! No matter the weather, Nico and I love spending time with you and Ellis Jane! Love ya! Keri
Post a Comment