Here's our girl :) Last night she had gained 35 grams (just over an ounce, which is 30 grams) at her weigh-in! An ounce a day is the goal, so we were very excited. Tonight's weigh in (done a little earlier than normal) showed no weight gain. My heart dropped. This means Ellis coming home will be delayed. Possibly not for another week, or more now. I went ahead and got my heart set on Wednesday or Thursday of this week, but barring some astronomical weight gains over the next couple of days, Ellis will remain in the NICU for some extra time. I am feeling my patience being tested in a new way tonight. Maybe it's my own fault for thinking she'd be home on Wednesday or Thursday. When will I learn that things go up and down and all around nearly EVERYday here?
Aside from all that, isn't she stunning?




Here is the hostess with the mostest, my good friend, Lexi. Also pictured is the cutey-pie, Tate. Yesterday morning, Lexi hosted a post-baby baby shower for me (the original party plan had to be postponed for obvious reasons). It was great to spend time with many of my most favoritest women in life. A few weren't able to attend, and they were dearly missed. It was a great way to spend my morning, especially since I haven't done much socializing lately.

















4 comments:
I've been waiting to see what I missed - looks like a lot of fun! And what sweet sleepy pictures of Ellis. :) Love you all! momv
i am sorry she cannot come home....i know that must hard!! we are praying for you guys!!
i just realized that your mom in law and sister in law were not there...bummer!were they sick??
it was a great shower!! so fun to see you! i can't wait to hear the news that ellis is coming home!!
what a fun little celebration. i'm sure it felt like baby ellis ought to have been there. praying for you three.
Post a Comment