Sunday, December 7, 2008

Better pictures

Here are some better pictures taken in daylight.  This first one is a blockprint of M.C. Escher's done with iron-on copy transfer paper.  Do you remember the scene in Office Space when they take the copy machine out into a remote field and it shows in slow motion the group of guys brutally "killing" the machine.  This was almost me earlier today, but three different printers/copy machines later I was finally able to make it work. I think it's pretty cute.






This one is a butterfly applique cut out from an old sheet, along with black fabric paint:

This is a fabric applique from old fabric I had, along with black fabric paint:
I've got 3 blank onesies left, but I think I'm done for this weekend.  Hope you all had a nice weekend, too!

10 comments:

Amy said...

Amelie would like to order a few Onesies by Brooke.

tim and kristi said...

those are amazing!! you are so creative. bobbi is going to be the cutest baby girl!

Deborah Downs said...

Brooke, these onesies are adorable. I love your creative flare and how it manifests in caring for your daughter. You are going to be a fabulous mother.

Anonymous said...

These are so lovely! They must have really improved how these iron on things look now. I love it! Your baby will be looking adorable and so fashionable!

mbguikema said...

those are sooooo cute!

Unknown said...

The iron on stuff is just the backing--you print out any picture you want (M.C. Escher) onto the special paper and then iron it on. Super easy!

Rebecca said...

You'll have the best dressed baby in town:)

Becky

Kristi said...

I love the creativeness!! Wish I was closer to do some of these things with you!! Keep enjoying and dreaming! "Bobbie" will be here before you know it!

Melissa Jo said...

those are super cute! love them! what a stylin girl she will be!

Molly said...

these are SOOOO cool.
you'll have to share how they hold up in the wash...
curious. if they do okay, i'm TOTALLY copying you.