Saturday, December 6, 2008

What I did today:

Today I woke up and decided to fix up some of the plain white onesies I had on hand.  I've had these old sheets for quite awhile (purchased from Unique Thrift Store months and months ago).  I really like how they turned out!

Step 1:  Have your apprentice cut out the part of the sheet you want to use as an applique.

Step 2: Iron pieces (unless they've never been washed, then you've got to wash and dry them first.)

Step 3: Cut iron-on fusable webbing to match your fabric shapes and iron onto the back.

Step 4: Iron onto onesie (or whatever it is your applique-ing).
I'll post some more pictures tomorrow.  Our champion camera can't take a decent picture without natural sunlight.  It's too dark out now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute, I was thinking Gabe was your apprentice then I recognized Daly helping you. Those are the most unique onesies ever!!! You could definitely make money on those. Had a good day Sat. "shopping" until I got home and realized several of the girly outfits are preemie, oh, well, maybe someone you know can use them if my granddaughter is too big :)Love you, miss you, MOM xoxoxoxoxo

mom said...

Brooke, those are absolutely beautiful - so classy for your little Bobbie - and you are so amazingly creative - love it! MomV