Well, I am home and I am sick. I caught the cold that many of my students have been trying so hard to give me by coughing and sneezing in my face for the last two weeks. I woke up at about 3:30 this morning coughing uncontrollably. I called Gabe (he was downstairs on the couch where I had banished him for his own good) up and requested some tea. The coughing finally let up after about a half and hour. By that time I was wide awake, so I called the district substitute line and typed up some sub plans until about 6:15. I "slept" for about 20 minutes, got up and dragged my sorry self to school. This is not so big of a deal considering the drive to school takes all of three minutes. Once there, of course two of the (closest) main copiers were down, and my computer decided to not let me print off an activity sheet for no good reason. I managed, met my sub and left just as kids were coming in.
Gabe has taken out the trash, the recycling, loaded the dishwasher, done a couple loads of laundry, gotten me softer kleenex and gone to work for a meeting, promising to return with my favorite orange juice that I just happened to have a coupon for.
Daly has slept.
I am now surrounded by a mountain of crumpled kleenex, my nose is far redder than normal, my hair is stringy, and could I smell at all, I'm sure I would notice my breath which has to smell awful by now after hours upon hours of breathing through my mouth. And yes, I have brushed my teeth.
One week from today hopefully we will find out if I'm having a boy or a girl. I'll be sure to post what we find.
In the meantime, stay healthy everybody!
3 comments:
Suck! That has to be the worst thing about teaching...catching all the nasty stuff kids get.
I hope you are better real soon.
Oh baby, and here I was hoping no news was good news. Get some Vicks and ecenacia cough drops, chicken broth and a nice warm blanket and stay snuggled up until the worst is past. Did you make it to your prenatal class? doesn't sound like it. Get to the doctor if you start to run a fever, or at least call them. Gabe, try to stay clear and wash your hands every chance you get. Love you all, Mom xoxox
i am so sorry you are sick!! call me if you need anything!
Post a Comment