Sunday, August 31, 2008

No good titles come to mind.

I started a blog for my classroom.  I started it on August 24th.  Until now, no one has been told about this secret blog.  This blog can be found  here.  Feel free to check it out and make nice comments for the kids to (eventually) read.  Right now it just has some stuff from last year, but hopefully I'll hold up my end of the deal (really the only person that has an "end" of the deal to hold up) and continue posting art from students this year.  

AHhhh...I can finally talk freely about being prego.  Never before has debilitating fatigue, constipation, moodiness,the almost constant feeling of a full bladder,  queasiness, and heartburn ever been so enjoyable. Honestly, these have been my happy reminders of the great things going on inside me.  In fact, this past week I started feeling fine, which equals the feeling of not being pregnant, so seeing another ultrasound picture of our baby that currently resembles a little frog, was very reassuring.

I'm 29 now.  I was thinking today that I'd love to try and do some memorable things in these last months of being a twenty-something.  Please give me suggestions.  So far I have:
-Make another person.
-Cook a good roast, or something that sounds equally impossible to me.
-Travel somewhere internationally that I've never been (in a sense this could be easy considering the international travel I've done includes: Mexico and Texas.)

And so far, that's what I've come up with.  Granted, I've not given it much thought.  Instead I thought I'd first ask for other people to think of things.  My doctor says I can't do any activity above 10,000 feet--so no mountain climbing suggestions.  Plus I did some of this in my 5th or 6th week not knowing I shouldn't.  Maybe completing your list will become my goal. Unless no one comments, then this will all be a failure.  If you're private (Sonya) and want to secretly tell me a suggestion, email me: brookemduffy@yahoo.com or send me a message on facebook--Brooke Knipp.  I'm serious.  Add some memories I wouldn't have thought of to my life this next year, please.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Texas as international? Should I take offense to this. haha

tim and kristi said...

have gabe pick out your outfit for the day and have to wear it.

visit the very international vancouver :)

dye your hair brown...

cook one new thing every month

memorize something significant

that's all i have for now. hope they can inspire you. love you. say hey to gabe and bobby for us. k

Unknown said...

Awesome. I can do all of those...I'll have to think about the hair one. Plus our baby will most certainly have blonde hair (once it finally has hair) and I would like to match :) Gabe picking out an outfit, clever.

Deborah Downs said...

Plus our baby will most certainly have blonde hair...

One would think, lol. And yet Naomi ended up with red hair when neither of us have it. Genetics are an odd phenomenon... lemme tell ya!

Melissa Jo said...

it would be nice to match your baby...unfortunately i have dark dark hair and my bean has blonde hair! hee hee! dye it! and when they act up you can pretend you are babysitting and just shake your head like, "what have your parents done to you?!" ha! i've never seen you with anything other than blonde! might be fun! plus you can always go back!
[for constipation try miralax as i suggested earlier! it truly is a MIRA-cle! seriously! it is safe for pregger women too! check it out with your dr. a script is cheaper than over the counter! :)]

some ideas:
walk/run a mini marathon

DYE your hair :) (i second that suggestion)

take a class you never would have taken before---ummm, knitting? wood shop? i dunno, can't think of others but i'm sure there are a ton.

Go to guilford, IN...totally exotic! but there is a cool person there to visit! who loves pregnant people! and old friends!

make a list of random acts of kindness to do and mark them off as you complete them (get creative)

i don't know, i'll have to think about this one :)

Unknown said...

Those are fantastic ideas! I definitely want to make it out to Indiana sometime soon. We're going Plymouth for Gabe's grandparents' 60th anniversary in October. We could possibly be in Upland for a day or two. Are either of those places close?