Sunday, July 6, 2008

daly, a token, & flowers



Here is Daly sleeping.  He's very good at this activity, which is why I photograph him doing it so much.  I just want to support his interests.


I thought this was kind of funny.  A couple of weeks before the school year ended, I found this half-sheet of paper in my mailbox.  It says:  'Brooke Knipp  Happy Birthday!  July 30' (my name and July 30 were hand-written, perhaps a reminder to me?), then: 'Hope you have a wonderful day!  Please enjoy this small token of appreciation for all of your hard work as well as a celebration of your special day!  Enjoy!'   

Let me tell you, I have truly enjoyed this half-sheet of paper.  Like you wouldn't believe.  This photo was taken on the day we visited the zoo together.  Of course the paper treated me.  I'm really excited to see what Half-Sheet-of-Paper has planned for my actual birthday.  Clearly, he/she won't forget, the date is written right on him/her.  I mean to sound funny, but I realize I may be coming off as cynical more than anything.  The paper says "small token" and that's what it is, so I can't complain---but I can make fun of it because the paper also tells me to enjoy it.


Here are some shots of the flowers I did for the wedding of a friend of a friend.  The bride's bouquet had roses, ranunculus (one of my favorites), tulips and spray roses.  The bridesmaids bouquets were smaller, white versions of the bride's, but instead of ranunculus we used freesia (smells so good).  Thank you Keri and Charlie for the use of your chilly basement for my work area.  




There is more new stuff in the post right before this one.  I decided to post twice since it's been awhile.   Happy belated 4th of July to you all!  Gabe had been awake since 4 am Colorado time traveling on July 4th, and was asleep before 9 pm...so we didn't view any fireworks this year.   Hope yours was fun ! 

6 comments:

mbguikema said...

wow i LOVE The flowers!! they are amazing! i posted some new stuff :) i love the "token" what a awesome gift :) and kya needs to come and play with your kitty...she has a new LOVE for cats...she is so cute with them i actually wish i could get her one..who would have ever thought :)

Mom said...

The flowers you did are absolutely gorgeous - the shades of red are amazing! And, I love your stairs. They really look classy, really good. Good job!!
MomV

Amanda said...

Cats do sleep a lot. I know mine does. I just don't get it. The flowers are beautiful. We'll have to talk about that. And awesome birthday token. It is always nice to get a surprise like that.

Amy said...

The bouquets are beautiful, but I think you need to find better vases.Nice work! You make me want to get married all over again...to Tony of course!

Unknown said...

You have mentioned a few times what you plan to do for your SECOND wedding to Tony. So when that happens, I would be honored to do your flowers. :)

Melissa Jo said...

brooke,those flowers are AMAZING!!!! you could start your own business, seriously!!!!
amazing!