Thursday, June 5, 2008

photos

As promised, here are the pictures I described in my previous post:

One freshly painted reddish-orange table:


Many magenta peonies lovingly delivered to me by Amy:

 
Two things you should never buy me (and probably should never buy period):

Two shots of Gabe in the shower at Lowe's:

Later this same day, I found Gabe trying out the inversion machine at Sam's Club.  He was hanging upside-down, not strapped in, on the floor model of the inversion machine.  Gabe made errands much more fun that day.  Every time I turned around he was hiding in showers, inverting himself, or who knows what else.


One little Dooly napping in the kitchen window:

A dozen, or so, overripe  bananas thawing in order for me to bake them into banana bread in order to end the two years of Gabe teasing me about putting ripe bananas in the freezer for banana bread that never seems to actually get made in order to win a fifteen minute back rub in the bet made by Gabe that this time would be no different:  (I won.)


Seven envelopes I sent to Gabe (with letters inside) while he was in Costa Rica (I found them when looking for something else):




The journal I made for Gabe before he left for Costa Rica:


Nate and Jenn got here Monday.  We've been up to Ft. Collins for the New Belgium Brewery tour, where we ran into Collin L. during the free bear tasting after the tour.  Yesterday we went on a 7+ mile hike in Eldorado Park, and then to Keri and Charlie's for dinner and a bonfire.  Today we'll be heading down to the Springs, and then they leave tomorrow afternoon.  I've got a bunch of pictures from the week, but I think I'll wait to post them until the end of their stay with us.  

p.s.  Summer vacation doesn't yet feel like it.  It seems like the weekend--but it's been really nice so far...

7 comments:

Amanda said...

What, you don't like the toilet seat? haha. At our "cabin" if you want to call it that, before we re-did things, it had shag carpet and the toilet seat was yellowish with bees on it. It was awkward and I definitely do not miss it. :) Fun pics though. Makes me want to carry around my camera more because I love taking pics. Hmmm...maybe I will. :)

Unknown said...

It was my resolution for the year to take more pictures. A lot of them end up being pretty pointless, but every once in awhile you get a good one :)

Molly said...

these are so much fun.
and, your new table ROCKS. can i have it?

Rebecca said...

I love your creative envelopes. Those alone would make it fun getting mail from you!

Becky

Unknown said...

Molly-YES. Go to Good Will on 1/2 off day. Spend $4. Mix some red and orange paint. Paint entire table. Voila.

Thanks, Becky :)

Melissa Jo said...

i'm sorry you don't like those toilet seats...i got them both for you for your birthday coming up...i guess you can return them---it you really want? i love the pics of G in the shower---he reminds me so much of tim it's nuts!

Anonymous said...

Gee. I have that toilet seat on the right. Melissa gave it to us for our wedding gift. ;)

I like your table.