Sunday, June 29, 2008

MIA

Hello, again! Gabe is in Vermont for grad school this week, and sadly, so is our computer. I am at the library right now. I wanted to catch up on blogs, write a quick hello on mine and escape from the bloody heat (we don't have air conditioning)--leaving furry Daly to fend for himself. Actually it's not too bad in our house, but it's definitely cooler in the public library.

I spent the last two days redoing our staircase, and I must say, it looks even better than I hoped. I'll put some pictures up when my husband and my computer are back where they belong. On Friday I went to Lowe's to just pick out a few sample color swatches to take home and mull over for awhile. I was on my way to the exit, when I wandered past the returned paint area. I moved a few cans around just to see what was there, and there just happened to be a gallon that perfectly matched one of the samples I'd picked up. Not only that, but it was only $5! For the whole gallon. Needless to say, I grabbed it. The wood, screws and paint to redo our entire staircase ended up costing $18. How's that for a deal? AND I finished the project. That's right, I didn't start it and get bored and decide to finish later (March), I actually completed the entire arduous project in two days.

I rent movies that Gabe is not interested in when he's gone. The other night I rented Over Her Dead Body. It was not good. There were few to no redeeming qualities in the entire movie. It wasn't raunchy. I guess that's a plus. Sorry to anyone that has seen it and liked it. I will not be watching it with you.

Because I'm blogging not from the comfort of my own home, I am almost out of time on this computer. I still have to catch up on all of your blogs, so with the 9 remaining minutes on this computer, I plan to do just that.

Peace out.

4 comments:

mbguikema said...

welcome back !!

Anonymous said...

Being without a computer and without your man is tough. Enjoy the movies!

Melissa Jo said...

looking forward to the staircase pics! and what a bargain!

Kristi said...

sounds like you're making great use of your time without the hubby!! Can't wait to see the staircase pics!!