Saturday, March 22, 2008

For Marla and Maizie

Marla, I just typed out a LONG comment on your blog about how I saw this idea on another mom's blog and thought it might be fun to do with Maizie. Then my computer died before I could finish.  So instead of retyping a comment, I made a sample to show you in case my instructions are lacking.
step 1: cut out two large circles from an old cereal box (or something similar)
step 2: divide one circle into equal sized pie pieces
step 3: have Maizie think of that many different "moods" or feelings

step 4: draw and/or write each mood in its own pie piece
step 5: cut a "window" out of the second circle
step 6: poke a hole in the center of each circle and fasten together with craft metal fastener (or something else)
Voila!
Maybe something this tangible would help Maizie let you and Joe know her mood without feeling like she has to get upset with you?  I thought it was a cute idea, of course I have no idea if this would interest Maizie, just thought I'd throw it out there!  
I think you SHOULD take your weekend away, that's important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I think it would be good too if we add in specific details like 'my belly hurts' or 'I need belly meds'. That way she won't need to talk to me. Excellent! Thank you so much for this.