Monday, September 27, 2010

Updates

I know you're going to be disappointed (Mom) that this post doesn't include pictures, but Ellis is asleep upstairs and Declan---Ellis' little friend I watch every morning---is asleep a few feet away from me and I am NOT about to gamble on waking either of them up by finding the camera.

Sorry. Not happening.

I can give a small written update however.

Ellis:
Ellis can now identify most of her letters. She points them out when she sees them on signs and billboards when we're out, which leads me to always be looking around to find that, "Yes, there certainly is a 'W' right there. Impressive." A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, EYES, J, K, L, M...O...R, S, T...W, X... We're working on the rest.

Letters aren't the only things Ellis loves to identify---animals are another favorite. She notices them all, big or small. Giraffe (jaff), lion (winen), cat, zebra, puppy, snake, turtle, butterfly (I know that's an insect), fish, duck, goose (not sure where she learned the distinction), horse (hiss), frog (because this blog is not R rated, I cannot tell you how she pronounces that one), elephant, bear (berr), panda (panna), alligator, bird...The girl likes animals.

Brooke:
I've got a craft show coming up this Saturday that I'm really really excited for. Comeseeme, ifyoucan!
On Sunday Ellis and I are heading back to CR, IA to visit family for a week.

Gabe:
Gabe is happy that Michigan keeps winning.

And now, I'm going to try to sneak a snack without waking up the babies.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I love it! Keep the updates coming!

kstivers said...

Ellis is amazing! I can hear her sweet little voice saying all of the words! Thanks for the smile today!

Molly said...

This kid sounds WAY smart.
What does she eat for breakfast?

Melissa Jo said...

Soooo precious. Seriously.