Have you ever had someone annoying stick around for four weeks straight, and then their even more offensive friend decides to join in on the unwelcome visit? I have. I'm experiencing it as we speak. Maybe you've met Sinus Infection and her good friend Pneumonia. Ellis and I have been invaded. Because of these unwelcome intruders, I've neglected this blog (as well as my laundry, floors, carpets, bathrooms, kitchen surfaces...you get me?) Four weeks ago I lost my voice, and then over the course of the next few days all available space inside my head was filled with mucus. Last weekend Ellis starting running some pretty high fevers. Two doctors visits, one chest x-ray, three vials of blood drawn, and her fair share of baby tylenol later we are now treating her for PNEUMONIA. Yes, the same pneumonia your mother warns you about catching when you go outside without a coat. Ellis is tired a little more often but otherwise seems to be feeling fine again and her fevers have stopped, thank goodness. I feel a bit better, but am thrilled to see the light at the end of this snot-filled tunnel. It's about four days away.
I'll try to put up some new pictures soon. When my house is cleaner. And my nose is not so red and runny.
Oh--and I decided to enter an art/craft fair that runs the 25th-27th of this month. I am scrambling to produce enough furniture and fabric bracelets to not embarrass myself. I may be in over my head, but only by a little.
11 bracelets made. 89 to go. (that's my goal, anyway)
2 pieces of furniture partially sanded. 3 more to go...plus finishing the first two...plus drawing...plus sealing...pray for me.
7 comments:
I hate pneumonia. It can't even spell itself logically.
Also: I'm praying. And, I'll offer one more time to sew anything you want. I made a laundry bag in eighth grade.
Gabriel. This is the first time you've ever commented on my blog. Maybe we should sew some laundry bags.
What a coincidence! I was just thinking to myself.. I need to buy some laundry bags. Let me know if you plan on selling them too. Sign me up for 4 or 5! :-P
Brooke, this is just not fair! I don't know how you do it....you are like the energizer bunny...you just keep on going! I wish I could do something for you so that you could just rest and catch up...let me know if there is anything I can do. Let's talk laundry bags!:)
so sorry you guys are sick! sounds like you are going to be one busy mama getting ready for the craft fair! good luck!
I'm actually not making any bags. That's all Gabe.
By this point, I am cracking up at you and Gabe. I do believe I made a laundry bag for Gabe for a graduation gift!
Post a Comment