Saturday, May 2, 2009

skills to pay the bills


I'm comfortable stating it now:  Ellis is an easy baby.  She's twelve weeks and 2 days old today (2 weeks and 1 day adjusted) and she's just a good baby.  When she cries, there is always a reason. As soon as that reason is taken care of, she stops crying.  On a dime. No simmering down time, she just full on stops.  Need to cuddle, pick her up.  Wet diaper, change it.  Wakes up, hold her. Hungry, feed her.  I can count on one hand the number of times she cried for no (apparent) reason. Normally when that happens (the few times it has), it's pretty clear to us that she's just over-tired or over-stimulated.  Walk around bouncing with her enough and she calms right down and typically falls asleep.  

Gabe was reading aloud the developmental milestones you can expect to see from your baby at one, two, three, and four months.  Keep in mind that Ellis is only two weeks beyond her due date, so our doctor considers her a two-week-old baby.  She is doing some of the things a four month old MIGHT be doing!  

Here is a semi-complete list of Ellis' skills to date:

-holds her head up while lying on her tummy
-can turn her head from side to side while on tummy
-coos
-smiles at us
-follows objects with her eyes and head
-holds her hands together
-finds her mouth with her hands
-pushes self up with her arms when on her tummy
-can "stand" with support
-holds head up when sitting
-gives rolling over a good college try (no success yet)
-says her ABC's forwards and backwards
-can count to ten in Spanish and English
-cooks a mean grilled cheese

Isn't she great?!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Hey, I thought of y'all this week. When I was at The Children's place. They're taking pictures for a contest with the cutest baby. I think the baby will be a model for them or something. NOt really sure though....but, probably worth checking out! :D

Anonymous said...

I had a dream this weekend that Ellis walked for the first time in a pink and white warm up suit (sending soon)and no one would believe me!! You rolled over at 5 `1/2 months and really surprised me. I'd set you in the middle of the bed and walked out for 1 second and when I came back you were gone! Luckly you'd rolled off the bed into a laundry basket full of clean clothes. Scared me to death.
Love, Mom xoxoxox

Melissa Jo said...

see, she knew she was ready to come early! she wanted to show you what she can do! who needs all the extra time in the crowded womb anyway? geesh!